Friday, May 15, 2015

Encouragement

I have a confession. I visit McDonald's almost daily because I enjoy Sweet tea and there large drinks are $1.00. Lately the people working there have been so cheerful. It makes me smile as I leave. It is the positive attitude that is contagious. I am very fortunate that I have family and friends who have been encouraging me on this Ironman journey.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

I have friends who have encouraged me to go run even though it is my least favorite discipline. (Annick). My goal as I run this race is to encourage those around me. Words are powerful, and I want my words to be those that build others up, my kids, my husband, my friends and even the stranger I pass by.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews10:24

Let us encourage one another. Be kind. Love. It makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment